"The global intellectual property market is changing rapidly, and organizations need to be aware of changes in the evolving landscape, such as the proliferation of patenting activity in Asia," said David Brown, Executive Vice President, Corporate Markets, Thomson Scientific. "It's more critical than ever for our customers to have access to the most authoritative patent data, and to incorporate complementary sources, like scientific literature, in their intellectual property research."
Designed in collaboration with more than 1,800 customers, Thomson Innovation sets a new standard in intellectual property research and analysis that will help companies accelerate ideation, improve productivity, minimize risks and gain a competitive advantage. It provides:
- Comprehensive prior art searching with the ability to search patents and scientific literature simultaneously
- Expanded Asian patent coverage, including translations of Japanese full-text and additional editorially enhanced abstracts of Chinese data
- A fully integrated searchable database combining Derwent World Patent Index® (DWPISM) with full-text patent data to provide the most comprehensive patent records available
- Support of strategic intellectual property decisions through:
- powerful analysis and visualization tools, such as charting, citation mapping and search result ranking
- and, integration of business and news resources
- Enhanced collaboration capabilities, including customizable folder structures that enable users to organize, annotate, search and share relevant files
Thomson Innovation is being launched in phases, and the first release is available now and includes global, full-text patent sources, including Japan. In rapid succession, it will be followed by the addition of Derwent World Patents Index, scientific literature, business information and news. A series of additional enhancements will be delivered throughout 2008.
For more information about Thomson Innovation, visit www.thomsoninnovation.com.
About The Thomson Corporation
The Thomson Corporation is a global leader in providing essential electronic workflow solutions to business and professional customers. With operational headquarters in Stamford, Conn., Thomson provides value-added information, software tools and applications to professionals in the fields of law, tax, accounting, financial services, scientific research and healthcare. The Corporationâs common shares are listed on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges (NYSE: TOC; TSX: TOC). Thomson Scientific is a business of The Thomson Corporation. Its information solutions assist professionals at every stage of research and developmentâfrom discovery to analysis to product development and distribution. Thomson Scientific information solutions can be found at http://scientific.thomson.com.