Join Med-e-Tel 2010 and actively participate in the educational and information program of seminars, demonstrations and interactive panel discussions on eHealth, telemedicine and ICT applications in medicine and healthcare. Supported by a wide range of national and international associations and institutions, this three day meeting and networking event brings together stakeholders and leading experts from around the world to present and share recent achievements and developments in the field. Med-e-Tel is also accredited to give up to 18 hours of CME (Continuing Medical Education) for medical professionals.
The areas covered include (but are not strictly limited to):
- Bio-informatics and bio-medical technologies
- Cost-benefit studies
- Disease management and patient compliance
- eHealth and telemedicine implementation in low resource settings
- eHealth integration into routine medical practice
- eHealth master plan development for developing countries
- Elderly care, services for the ageing
- eLearning, distance education
- Electronic health records, personal health records
- Facilitating collaboration among existing projects and applications
- Health and wellness promotion
- Legal and ethical aspects
- Market trends
- Mobile/wireless healthcare
- Opportunities for and barriers to eHealth and telemedicine implementation
- Reimbursement issues
- Remote patient monitoring, homecare applications
- Secure data transmission, privacy issues
- Smart homes and independent living
- Standardization and interoperability
- Strategies for the future
- Telemedicine applications in cardiology, dermatology, radiology, wound care, and other medical disciplines
- Telenursing and nursing informatics
- Telepsychology, telepsychiatry
- Telerehabilitation, cybertherapy
Presentation proposals on the above and other relevant topics for inclusion into the Med-e-Tel conference program are welcome. In special are encouraged contributions on practical experiences, business cases, projects, pilots, and research activities. Through the presentations, the expo and the extensive networking opportunities, attendees will have unmatched possibilities to gather the latest news from leaders in the field and to establish new professional relationships.
Click here for the online abstract submission form and follow the guidelines (note in advance: text of the abstract should be limited to max. 3500 characters). All abstracts should be submitted using this online form. Abstract submission deadline is
31 December 2009 15 January 2010.
- 1 September 2009 - Call for Abstracts opens
31 December 200915 January 2010 - Abstract submission deadline
15 January 201022 January 2010 - Notification of acceptance
- 8 February 2010 - Deadline for camera-ready submission of full text papers
- 31 March 2010 - Deadline for submitting PowerPoint presentations
- 14-16 April 2010 - Med-e-Tel 2010
For further information and registration, please visit:
Med-e-Tel focuses on ehealth and telemedicine applications and a wide range of other medical ICT applications and on the convergence of information and communication technology with medical applications, which lead to higher quality of care, cost reductions, workflow efficiency, and widespread availability of healthcare services.
The "Med" in Med-e-Tel stands for healthcare services (institutional and home based care, prevention and education) and for medical products and equipment (medical imaging equipment, monitoring devices, electronic health records, etc.).
The "e" stands for the electronic and IT industry and services (hard- & software, internet, e-mail, etc.).
The "Tel" stands for telecommunications (whether it is POTS, ISDN, wireless, satellite, videoconferencing, VoIP, or other).
For further information, please visit www.medetel.eu.