In addition to the medicines the company has shipped or is sending to help the injured, the Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation will donate a total of $200,000 to three organizations providing disaster relief. The organizations are:
- The Catholic Medical Mission Board, which has been working in Haiti since 1912 to provide medicines and much needed supplies and support;
- The American Red Cross, which is giving $10 million to support a number of relief efforts in the country, many already under way; and
- Partners in Health, which has been working in Haiti since 1987 to address health care needs.
The Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation will match two-for-one contributions made by employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to the following organizations assisting disaster relief efforts in Haiti:
- American Red Cross
- Catholic Medical Mission Board
- Direct Relief International
- Doctors Without Borders
- Partners in Health
- Project Hope
- Save the Children
Bristol-Myers Squibb will continue to monitor the situation with its relief partners.
About Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and delivering innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. For more information, please visit www.bms.com.