Financial Highlights, 2007 Full Year:
- Product sales up 41% to $2,170m
- New product sales $489m, 23% of product sales(1)
- Total revenues up 36% to $2,436m
- Non GAAP Earnings per ADS up 38% to $2.95
- US GAAP Earnings per ADS down 592% to -$8.06
- Dividend up 20% (in US$ terms)
Financial Highlights, Q4 2007:
- Product sales up 55% to $661m
- New product sales $210m, 32% of product sales (1)
- Total revenues up 46% to $725m
- Non GAAP Earnings per ADS up 67% to $0.94
- US GAAP Earnings per ADS up 175% to $1.11
About Shire plc
Shire's strategic goal is to become the leading specialty biopharmaceutical company that focuses on meeting the needs of the specialist physician. Shire focuses its business on attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), human genetic therapies (HGT), gastrointestinal (GI) and renal diseases. The structure is sufficiently flexible to allow Shire to target new therapeutic areas to the extent opportunities arise through acquisitions. Shire believes that a carefully selected portfolio of products with a strategically aligned and relatively small-scale sales force will deliver strong results.
Shire's focused strategy is to develop and market products for specialty physicians. Shire's in-licensing, merger and acquisition efforts are focused on products in niche markets with strong intellectual property protection either in the US or Europe.
For further information on Shire, visit www.shire.com.