"With growing pressure to maximize prescription drug sales, marketers are increasingly looking to leverage highly influential touch points in the healthcare system beyond physicians, including nurses, payers, and pharmacists," said Monique Levy, Senior Director of Research at Manhattan Research. "Nurses represent a particularly strong opportunity for marketers - especially from a competitive standpoint - because their Internet and digital media adoption is highly advanced, but only a handful of brands have invested in the channel to date."
Key topics covered in the research include:
- Technology and Internet Use for Professional Purposes: Technology and device ownership, websites visited during appointments, search engines, wikis, social networking websites, HCP online communities, newsletters, blogs, podcasts, attitudes toward Internet usage
- Channel Mix: Sources used for professional information, including medical references, journals, and conferences
- Email Use & Opportunity: Email usage and patient messaging/communication
- Patient Interaction & Education: Source of patient education materials, websites recommended, influence on treatment decisions
- Handheld Devices: Frequency, professional functions, clinical references, preferred points of access
- Practice Technology: Electronic prescribing, EMR use and activities
- Continuing Education: Current and future manner of completion (online, mobile, traditional), websites used
- Practice Profile: Work setting, number of patients seen, number of prescriptions written
- Digital Interaction with Pharma and Healthcare Companies: Top pharma properties, website features of interest, HCP service portals
About Taking the Pulse® Nurses
Taking the Pulse® Nurses was conducted in Q2 2010 among a nationally representative sample of 1,023 U.S. practicing nurses and physician assistants (PAs) via online survey methodology.
Healthcare and pharmaceutical marketers and other industry stakeholders use Taking the Pulse® Nurses to examine technology, media, channel, and promotional mix strategies as well as to benchmark their performance against industry competitors. In addition to analyzing overall market trends, clients can segment the study to derive statistically relevant insights across more than twenty specialist groups.
For additional product and subscription information, please visit http://www.manhattanresearch.com/ttpnurses.
About Manhattan Research
Manhattan Research, a Decision Resources, Inc. company, is a global pharmaceutical and healthcare market research and strategic advisory firm and conducts annual research studies covering eHealth trends among physicians and consumers, including Taking the Pulse®, Taking the Pulse® Nurses, Taking the Pulse® Europe, Taking the Pulse® Asia, Cybercitizen Health®, Cybercitizen Health® Europe, ePharma Consumer®, and ePharma Physician®. Broad consumer and physician research is complemented by targeted analysis for over 100 consumer therapeutic segments and physician specialist segments. For more information, please visit http://www.manhattanresearch.com.
About Decision Resources, Inc.
Decision Resources, Inc. is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Please visit Decision Resources, Inc. at http://www.decisionresourcesinc.com.