SMi presents Europe's leading 14th annual Parallel Trade conference, taking place in London. As the only B2B parallel trade conference in Europe, this event provides the perfect platform for industry experts from both sides of the coin to come together and share perspectives on the practice of parallel trade.
The size of the EU market in pharmaceutical distribution is around €5bn, and the UK accounts for 22.7% of this figure. The sector has an annual import value of around £1bn, while the annual export figure approximates £600m.
The 2020 event will hold a particular place of significance on shortages of medicines, current and ongoing challenges posed by Parallel Trading, potential implications of Brexit and IP exhaustion rights.
Furthermore, the FMD (Falsified Medicines Directive) will be coming into effect in February 2020. This conference will give companies affected the perfect opportunity to discuss and consider the impact that the FMD implementation will have on their practices and on the market.
The benefits of attendingThis conference is a must-attend show for anyone involved in the parallel trade industry within pharmaceuticals and life sciences. Attending the show gives you the chance to interact with and discuss common issues with leaders involved in all the areas of the parallel trade industry. Furthermore, this provides core information to further strengthen your industry knowledge and approaches.
- Assessing the economic impact and dynamics of Parallel Trade
- Reviewing how to overcome the challenges and hurdles in Parallel Trade
- Understanding the underlying principles of the EU internal market and competition policies
- Discussing the impact of Parallel trade on patient safety
- What's the impact and consequences of a no deal Brexit on testing and clinical trials?
- Impact on shortages, availability, accessibility and innovation
- Assessing current EU legislative instruments and changes in IP framework
- An update on current illegal trade cases and the Falsified Medicines Directive
Plus two pre-conference interactive workshops
Workshop AParallel Trade and Brexit... Where are we now?
Tushar Patel, Principal Consultant, Key Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Workshop BUnderstanding IP, regulatory and competition law issues in pharmaceutical parallel trade
John Schmidt, Partner, Antitrust, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer
For more information and to register, please visit:
- Register by 31st October to save £400
- Register by 29th November to save £200
- Register by 13th December to save £100
About SMi GroupEstablished since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world's most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network.