- Clinica Universidad Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
- The Earle A. Chiles Research Institute (Providence Health & Services), Portland, OR
- Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
- Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori “Fondazione G. Pascale,” Naples, Italy
- Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Baltimore MD
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
- The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, NL
- The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
An objective of this collaborative forum is to facilitate the translation of scientific research findings into clinical trials and, eventually, clinical practice. It will also work to further advance innovation in drug discovery and development.
"The International Immuno-Oncology Network facilitates a public-private partnership that will leverage intellectual capabilities across a global network," said Elliott Sigal, M.D., Ph.D., executive vice president, chief scientific officer and president, Research and Development, Bristol-Myers Squibb. "The shared commitment of all those participating in this collaboration is to evolve our understanding of immuno-oncology towards our ultimate goal of improving patient outcomes."
The role of immuno-oncology in cancer research is growing and in 2011 the concept of "evading immune destruction" was added to the "Hallmarks of Cancer," a widely-referenced peer-reviewed article outlining traits that are believed to be the underlying principles of cancer.
Immuno-Oncology at Bristol-Myers Squibb
The substantial potential of the immune system's intrinsic ability to fight cancer is fundamental to immuno-oncology research at Bristol-Myers Squibb and its ongoing commitment to advancing cancer care. The company is exploring a variety of compounds and immunotherapeutic approaches for patients with different types of cancer, and the formation of the II-ON is an important example of the company's commitment to this area of research.
About Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.